Persona 1

Discussion in 'Persona Place ( and other SMT titles)' started by Mike, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Mike

Mike Administrator

2. Mike

Mike Administrator

So having been a huge fan of the persona series for a long time I have never played the first one. I have owned it for a while but have not opened it and I have finally cracked the seal! I do really love this game, it requires (as most personas do) a bit of an investment until the story really picks up. One thing im not overly in love with in this title is it really throws you into the use of your persona, in the other titles they do a really good job building up the characters anticipation of what is and how to use their personas. With that they also take some time as characters to understand and accept what is happening to them where as in this title within the first 15 minutes you are introduced to persona use with almost no explanation and the characters kinda shrug off the bizarness of it all. Not harping on the game just my first few thoughts. I look forward to jumping into this game here with everyone.

3. Mike

Mike Administrator

So getting a little further along. Waiting to hear from Adam and Mike! Definitely a great game. I'm happy it's a bit shorter than the other personas I feel like I may stand a chance of completing it.

4. ExciteMike

ExciteMike Active Member

Surprisingly enough, I haven't been posting because I've been busy playing this game, haha.

I'm in front of the final boss, and I have to say, I have complicated feelings about this one. Overall, I love it, but there are parts where I really hated it, mainly the whole Harem Queen dungeon, but once it clicks, it really clicks.

I used to hate talking with demons, but once I read about how it works, I actually really like it as a different way to get cards to make new personas.

We need to podcast about this when we're all done, haha.

5. Mike

Mike Administrator

wow cant believe you are that far. you will have to show me exactly how to talk with them it never seems to work for me and i cant say i enjoy that aspect at least yet.

6. ExciteMike

ExciteMike Active Member

Just beat it.

Jesus Christ that last boss. Steamrolled me the first attempt so I ground out like, ten levels. Went back, and literally the first turn it turns all my party members into stone, forcing a Game Over screen. I try it one last time, and after an hour of chipping away health, it finally goes down with a bullet from Elly that does fourteen damage. Thank you Elly, best and only waifu.

I'm still trying to organize my thoughts, but it felt great beating the game, and I really loved it after everything was said and done. It doesn't have the polish and flash of Persona 3 and 4, but it's still really great.

7. Mike

Mike Administrator

there is no feeling in the world like finishing a persona game. I had a small amount of depression after finishing 4 just feeling like wow i cant believe its over. I had to start a new game that night just to remind myself its ok you can play it again. Iniba isnt gone. haha congrats Mike. What was your play time.

8. ExciteMike

ExciteMike Active Member

Well, see, thats the thing. The game counts time while the psp is in standby, so the game says I played for 600+ hours. In reality, it was maybe thirty to forty?

I know how you feel though, haha. I planned to take a week off, but four hours later I had already started Persona 2: Innocent Sin, haha.

9. Mike

Mike Administrator

im going to try and get to 2 but right not thinking of doing 1 and 3

10. Mike

Mike Administrator

I know Mike has already finished this but im just now past the first major boss i think, Im writing this sitting in the LGA airport waiting for my 4 hour flight to Dallas in which I plan on getting some solid progress done in this game. As Mike was telling me it really does pick up mid way through the game and im liking it alot more, its hard to compare this to the later titles as they are obviously improvements over it in every way but im finding it alot more fun than when i started. Just need to get ahold of the talking to demons thing.